Kinesio Taping® changes the lives of patients and athletes around the world. Join the thousands of Certified Kinesio Taping® Practitioners who have enriched their lives by mastering this method of treatment. In partnership with the Kinesio Taping Association International (KTAI), Hands-On Seminars is proud to offer CKTP certification!
The Kinesio Taping® Method is a definitive rehabilitative taping technique that is designed to facilitate the body’s natural healing process while providing support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting the body’s range of motion. Additionally, this method provides extended soft tissue manipulation to prolong the benefits of manual therapy administered within the clinical setting. Latex-free and wearable for days at a time, Kinesio Tex Tape is safe for populations ranging from pediatric to geriatric, and successfully treats a variety of orthopedic, neuromuscular, neurological and other medical conditions.
[expander_maker more=”Read more” less=”Read less”]
YOU WONT BELIEVE THIS, but these courses ARE AVAILABLE to HOS Live Subscribers! Click here to learn more about how you can save big when you subscribe.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the concepts of Kinesio Taping®.
- Review muscular anatomy as it is related to Kinesio Taping®.
- Explain and apply the concepts of the Kinesio Taping® Method.
- Describe the unique qualities of the Kinesio Tex Tape.
- Recognize the principles of Kinesio Tex Tape application.
- Utilize and demonstrate application skills in guided laboratory sessions.
- Demonstrate application skills during lab sessions.
- Practice the various cutting techniques and their clinical application.
- Apply Kinesio Taping® method to relax and stimulate muscles.
- Apply Kinesio Taping® methods for pain, swelling, joint mobility and stability.
- Apply various taping techniques for treatment of the spine, and upper/ lower extremity dysfunction
- Apply various taping techniques for treatment of unique conditions using the concepts and principles of the Kinesio Taping® Method.
Who may take these courses?
Open to and designed for Licensed, Certified, and/or Registered Health Care Professionals.
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Athletic Trainers
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapist Assistants
- Doctors of Chiropractic
- Licensed Acupuncturists
- Licensed Massage Therapists
- Doctors of Medicine
- Non-Listed Health Care Professionals, please contact KTAI for approval
Requirements to become a CKTP:
- Complete KT1/2 and KT3 Seminars
- Pass CKTP Exam with 80% or higher (Exam is an additional $99)
- Maintain KTAI annual membership. There are different levels of membership to choose from.