Vestibular Rehabilitation - Detailed Course Description
|VESTIBULAR REHABILITATION THERAPY CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
Hands-On Seminars is proud to present this Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy Certification Program with immediate clinical applications. Unlike other Vestibular courses this HOS program teaches precisely the clinically relevant information for the treatment of vestibular dysfunction.
This evidence-based course will train clinicians in the practical management of vestibular disorders. The course will include instruction in anatomy and physiology, medical management, pathology, detailed bedside examination and treatment skills. The material will be presented in a lecture, lab and video case study format. Competence in the performance of a comprehensive office / bedside examination and treatment skills will be addressed in a lab format. The seminar is intended to enhance the clinician’s ability to evaluate the appropriateness and effectiveness of VRT for common vestibular disorders. Practical application of VRT to a variety of practice settings (outpatient, acute care, SNF, ER) will be discussed. An emphasis will be placed on the management of BPPV variants and vestibular hypofunction.
ONLINE VRT COURSE: $799
VRT PRACTICAL WORKSHOP: $499
HYBRID VRT CERTIFICATION COURSE: $1,175
Includes both online and practical workshop with certification
How to get your VRT Certification Hybrid Style like 1-2-3
1) Take the ONLINE portion of the course that includes: Theory, Technique
Demonstrations, Clinical Case Studies, Evidence Based Clinical
Scenarios, Research Studies, Interaction with Faculty. Do it at your own
pace from your computer or iPad.
2) Attend a 1-day Practical Workshop for each course completed. Practical
Workshops are Problem-Based and Evidence –Based experiences
offering you the confidence of best technique application. PRACTICAL
WORKSHOPS OFFERED IN MANY LARGER CITIES.
3) Take the final exam and get your VRT Certification.
Simple as 1-2-3!
Online Courses Will Be Live Soon, Call Us For Pre-Registration Discounts!
Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy: A Practical Clinical Approach
Randolph McKenzie, MD, PhD, FACS
Hands On Seminars Dimitrios Kostopoulos, MD, PhD, PT, Director
Section I: Anatomy & Physiology
1. Introduction to vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy (Parts I & II)
2. The Visual System (Parts I & II)
3. Vestibular System Review
4. Vestibular Reflexes
5. Vestibular Nuclei
6. Proprioception (Parts I & II)
7. Somatosensory Pathways & Proprioception
8. The Cerebellum (Parts I, II & III)
9. The Postural Control System (Parts I & II)
10. Cranial Nerves III, IV, VI, Extraocular Muscles & Orbital Contents
11. The Oculomotor System
Section II : Diagnostic & Therapeutic Principals
1. Understanding Eye Movements
2. Effects of Oculomotor Dysfunction
3. Peripheral Vertigo
4. Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
5. Central Vertigo
6. Evaluation of the Dizzy Patient
7. Vestibular Evaluation & Testing
8. Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy (VRT): Overview & Patient Selection
9. Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy (VRT) Assessment Tools
10. Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy (VRT) Exercise Protocols
11. Developing Individual VRT Therapy Plans
Comments from Previous Participants:
"So approachable, knowledgeable, and patient... I would recommend this course to everyone!"
"By far the best vestibular course I have ever attended."
"Material was grounded in practicality, ideal course for a clinician."
July 26-27, 2014 - Astoria, NY (Live Workshop)
ONLINE Course Coming Soon
Journal of Bodywork & Movement Therapies is the Official Journal of Hands-On Seminars.
This is my 4th course with Hands-On Seminars and I would highly recommend it to my colleagues. The instructors are extremely friendly and knowledgeable and made the courses interesting. The small class size helps to receive greater attention during lab sessions.
Jorge Llaurado, PT, MS