People who purchased this course were also interested in:
Trigger Point Therapy Course - PT-01
An Intensive Training On Myofascial Trigger Point & Proprioceptive Training
This seminar teaches the most successful approaches for the evaluation and treatment of MyoFascial Pain & Musculoskeletal Dysfunction and has been attended by over 20,000 therapists world-wide.
This approach integrates Myofascial Trigger Point & Proprioceptive concepts in a systematic, comprehensive manner.
The scientific background and methods taught utilize an Evidence-Based Model with solid research and techniques that have been tried successfully for years and incorporates the 47 years cumulative clinical experience of Dr. Dimitrios Kostopoulos & Konstnatine Rizopoulos, authors of best seller text The Manual of Trigger Point & Myofascial Therapy . The course contains extensive lab sessions of all muscle systems discussed at the course and also includes the Spray & Stretch Technique.
- Discuss the diagnosis and treatment of myofascial dysfunction.
- Create treatment protocols including myofascial trigger point therapy.
- Strengthening programs, stretching exercises, spray & stretch technique, and proprioceptive training.
- Demonstrate how to treat acute and chronic pain problems.
This is an essential two-day seminar with immediate clinical applications teaching the most successful approaches for the evaluation and treatment of the MyoFascial Pain & Musculoskeletal Dysfunction.
This approach integrates the Trigger Point and Myofascial teachings of Doctors Travell and Simmons, and Dr. Janda's Proprioceptive concept in a systematic, comprehensive and unique manner.
The scientific background and methods taught utilize an Evidence-Based Model with solid research and techniques that have been tried successfully for years.
This effective and efficient approach enables the clinician to achieve immediate results, which are necessary under a changed health care system. You will learn how to evaluate and choose the most important muscle systems to effectively treat each condition. Diagnosis and differential diagnosis is an important component of this training.
You will learn advanced diagnostic and treatment techniques along with extensive lab sessions. The instructors use very effective didactic approaches, utilizing advanced multimedia methods.
Appropriate for PTs, PTAs, OTs, OTAs, LMTs, ATCs and Physicians.
Over 20,000 Clinicians have taken this course in several countries around the world. This is a training seminar with immediate clinical applications. Participants learn a comprehensive therapeutic approach for the evaluation and treatment of Myofascial Pain and Musculoskeletal Dysfunction. Orthopedic, Neurologic and Pain conditions can effectively be treated with this method.
Course Objectives & Outline
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the diagnosis and treatment of Myofascial Dysfunction.
- Demonstrate how to diagnostically choose the proper muscle systems to work with.
- Demonstrate how to create their own Myofascial Treatment Protocols which include Trigger Point therapy, Muscle Strengthening Programs, Myofascial Stretching Exercises, and Proprioceptive Training.
- Demonstrate how to effectively treat acute and chronic pain problems.
- Demonstrate the techniques immediately after the seminar. This is a promise!
|08:30 - 10:00
||The Evidence for MyoFascial Trigger Point Therapy - An Introduction
|10:00 - 11:15
||Introduction to Myofascial Diagnosis & Research Studies
|11:15 - 12:00
||MyoFascial Trigger Point Therapy for the Cervical Spine (Theory - Demonstration - Lab)
|12:00 - 13:00
|13:00 - 13:45
||MyoFascial Trigger Point Therapy for Shoulder Neck Syndrome (Theory - Demonstration - Lab)
|13:45 - 15:00
||MyoFascial Trigger Point Therapy for the Shoulder & Scapular areas(Theory - Demonstration - Lab
|15:00 - 16:30
||MyoFascial Trigger Point Therapy for the Elbow & Hand (Theory - Demonstration - Lab)
|16:30 - 17:30
||Superficial MyoFascial Release - Wounds & Dr. Karel Lewit Concepts
|08:30 - 10:30
||MyoFascial Trigger Point Therapy for the Lumbar Spine (Theory - Demonstration - Lab)
|10:30 - 11:30
||MyoFascial Trigger Point Therapy for the Gluteal region & Hip (Theory - Demonstration - Lab)
|11:30 - 12:30
||MyoFascial Trigger Point Therapy for the Knee (Theory - Demonstration - Lab)
|12:00 - 13:00
|13:30 - 15:00
||MyoFascial Trigger Point Therapy for the Lower Leg and the Foot (Theory - Demonstration - Lab)
|15:00 - 17:00
||Proprioceptive Training - Dr. Vladimir Janda Concepts (Theory - Demonstration - Lab)
|17:00 - 17:30
||Questions – Answers – Clinical Discussion
The Song List:
In each of our courses we like to create a relaxing, pleasant environment and an environment that motivates and encourages learning and participation. Aside from the overall upbeat spirit of our seminars we also use music, especially during our lab sessions. Here is the music list for PT-1.
- Delire Et Passion - Ana Carril Obiols
- Adje Dada - Angélique Kidjo
- Hope There's Someone - Antony & The Johnsons
- Life Is On the Sea - Bebo Best & The Super Lounge Orchestra
- In My Life - Berk & The Virtual Band
- Three Little Birds - Bob Marley & The Wailers Legend
- Petit Pays& - Césaria Evora
- If You're Not The One - Daniel Bedingfield
- Buddha of Suburbia - David Bowie / Erdal Kizilcay / Lenny Kravitz
- The Zodiac - David Lindup
- Ethanopium - Dengue Fever
- A Lady Of A Certain Age - The Divine Comedy
- Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
- On Melancholy Hill - Gorillaz
- There Is an End - The Greenhornes & Holly Golightly Dual Mono
- Entre Amor - Inti Illimani
- Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
- Agua - Nina & Chris present Zeep
- Waterfall - The No Smoking Orchestra
- David Bowie & Queen / Under Pressure - Queen & David Bowie
- Valentine - Richard Hawley
- The Numbers Game - Thievery Corporation
- Rented Rooms - Tindersticks
- The Whole of the Moon - The Waterboys
- Imagination - Yanni
Appropriate Lab Attire To Expose The Trunk, Upper & Lower Extremities is Required. Bring a pillow and an exercise mat if you like.